It is true that Ethereum, given its current nature, consumes a lot of energy, and we are aware of the environmental impact that these new technologies present in their current phase of development. That is why we are running this project with concrete actions to reduce environmental damage.
As stated by the Oasis Foundation, “environmental solutions in crypto should not only depend on what consensus mechanism a project uses. A more robust and wider approach is needed that makes use of renewable energy sources along with a number of other innovative solutions”.
HOW DO WE COMPENSATE FOR OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT? >>
In the virtual world
Adopting technologies that reduce energy consumption and promote environmental sustainability. Etherium 2.0 is already in a trial period and promises to be more energy-ecient, as it replaces proof-of-work (PoW) for proof-of-stake (PoS).
– Promoting the moderate use of NFTs mining, doing so only with those pieces that are relevant enough to be mined.
– Limiting the number of artists and pieces available on the platform. That is the reason why our platform is invite-only, and currently accepting a limited number of artists.
– Opting for drops of unique pieces and small series.
– Organizing auctions to finance environmental footprint compensation programs and activities.
In the physical world
– Working hand in hand with Rudistas, our main eco-allies. Rudistas is a non-profit organization based in Mexico, focused on neutralizing the CO2 footprint derived from human activity. We will donate a percentage of all transactions for Rudistas CO2 neutralization program. If you want to know more about their actions and projects, visit rudistas.com
Want to learn more?
Welcome, human! Join us at the metaverse to discover unique digital artworks and take part of the events.